|Homemade Fabric Softener|
- 6 cups HOT water
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups of Suave conditioner in your favorite scent (I like lavender lilac)
- Mix the hot water and conditioner together until conditioner is completely dissolved.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Store in a large container. I use a gallon-size vinegar bottle, but you could use an old fabric softener container as well.
- Use as you would store-bought fabric softener.
I originally found this recipe on The Frugal Girls, which is a great site to visit if you want to find clever ways to save money. Suave conditioner usually costs less than a dollar for a regular sized contained (around $1.25 for the family size, which will make a batch and a half), and white vinegar is less than $3 for a whole gallon. Put that all together and a 2/3 gallon sized batch of fabric softener costs you around a dollar. Not too shabby, eh?
I promise to follow soon with the laundry detergent recipe…